Venks Ananthakrishnan practises in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, corporate transactions (including regulated transactions) and commercial law.
He acts for a number of companies (both private and public) and regularly advises on merger and acquisition transactions, primary capital raisings (such as initial public offerings), secondary capital raisings, public company re-quotations and restructuring. He has also acted for lead managers in relation to a number of fundraisings.
In addition to transactional work, Venkatesh has a keen interest and understanding of the regulatory environment and advises extensively on aspects of the Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules and NSX Listing Rules, including on ongoing compliance obligations for listed entities.
Venkatesh was a finalist in Lawyer’s Weekly 30 under 30 (2017), recognised in the area of mergers and acquisitions.
Venks Ananthakrishnan’s recent experience includes:
- Advising Zoom2U Technologies Limited (ASX:Z2U) its pre-IPO and IPO capital raises and listing on the ASX.
- Advising IOUpay Limited on its acquisition of 42% of the total issued capital of I.Destinasi Sdn Bhd, a Malaysia-based provider of long term installment-based consumer credit services for RM126,000,000 (approximately A$42m).
- Acting for Lode Resources Limited (ASX:LDR) on its listing and IPO on the ASX.
- Acting for IOUPay Limited (ASX:IOU) in relation to a range of fundraising initiatives including placements (A$50M and A$10.5M) and a share purchase plan (A$4M).
- Working with QBiotics Limted on a two-tranched fundraising comprising a significant investment by TDM Growth Partners and a sophisticated investor placement (A$65M).
- Acting for Jindal Steel & Power Limited on its takeover bid for Wollongong Coal Limited.
- Acting for Mobecom Limited a long term suspended ASX listed entity on a series of fundraisings and corporate restructures and re-quotation/resumption of trading on the ASX.
- Acting for Leading Edge Data Centres on a convertible note facility investment by Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Company Limited (Pitt Street Capital) (A$20M).