Tony Saint has more than 25 years’ significant experience in commercial transactions, including public and private infrastructure.
Tony acts for clients in a range of sectors, including government services, property development, construction, and defence.
Tony has a particular interest and depth of experience in major projects, joint ventures, and infrastructure and development projects. He has advised clients on many of the major residential and commercial developments in South Australia.
Tony is a member of the Law Council of Australia, the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association, and the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He is a former member of the Executive of the Property Council of Australia, State Chairman of the Law Council’s Real Property Committee, and State Editor of Australian Property Law Bulletin.
Tony has been recognised by Doyles Guide as a leading lawyer (2017 – 2018 & 2020 – 2021) and a recommended lawyer (2019) in South Australia in Front End Construction & Infrastructure and as a recommended lawyer in Construction (2012, 2014 & 2016). He has also been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Commercial Law (2019 – 2022), Construction/Infrastructure law and Corporate law (2018 – 2022).
Tony Saint’s recent experience includes:
- Advising Adelaide Airport Limited in relation to he proposed expansion of the northern pier/concourse of Terminal 1 at Adelaide Airport.
- Advised Adelaide Airport Limited in relation to the international and domestic terminal which was constructed at Adelaide Airport. This included negotiation and documentation of construction, financing, and airline relocation arrangements including the 2014 Terminal 1 Expansion Project.
- Acted for Adelaide Airport Limited in relation to the Invitation to Tender and Construction Contract for the Landside Infrastructure Project involving infrastructure upgrades at a cost of approximately A$120 million. Tony has also acted in relation to the Invitation to Tender and Construction Contract for the runway and taxi way overlay project.
- Acted for the Catholic Church in relation to the VS1 Project in Victoria Square, Adelaide involving the design and construction of a “six star” (NABERS) green rated 10 level building.
- Acted for the Royal Agricultural and Horticultural Society in relation to the Exhibition Hall and Goyder Pavilion Project involving the demolition of the existing Centennial Hall and the construction of replacement facilities in three separable portions to minimise disruption of adjoining facilities.
- Acted for Glencore Grain (formerly Viterra Limited) in relation to the design and construction of a waste water treatment plant and various tenders for the procurement of transport and logistic services.