Shannon Schwarz is an experienced construction lawyer with a practice focused on building, infrastructure, engineering and other major projects. He has acted for principals, developers, head contractors, subcontractors, engineers, consultants, architects, government departments, manufacturers and suppliers.
Shannon provides advice to clients in relation to contract preparation, negotiation and management, including procurement processes and risk management strategies.
Shannon also regularly acts on construction and commercial disputes for clients. He is experienced at time related claims, variation claims, defective works claims and claims for payment. He has acted for clients in relation to security of payment claims, court proceedings, expert determination and other dispute resolution methods.
Shannon Schwarz’s recent experience includes:
- Advising Adelaide Airport Ltd in relation to the expansion of the northern pier/concourse of Terminal 1 at Adelaide Airport – https://www.adelaideairport.com.au/corporate/about-us/projects/terminal-expansion-project/
- Acting in a significant Queensland Supreme Court litigation for a civil contractor claiming variations, delay and disruption costs for reclamation bund construction and bridge/piling works on the Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal in Queensland.
- Advising for a Government Department in relation to the preparation of standard form building and infrastructure contracts and acting in relation to significant infrastructure disputes.
- Acting in South Australian Supreme Court litigation for a head contractor joint venture in relation to the Adelaide Desalination Project.
- The drafting and negotiation of construction contracts for aged care centres, shopping centres and residential apartments for developers in South Australia, Queensland and Victoria.