Scott Gibson practises in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, corporate, reconstructions and commercial law.
He has a wide range of experience in all forms of mergers and acquisitions (both public and private) as well as initial public offerings, secondary raisings and general corporate and ASX Listing Rule matters. Scott also has significant private equity and joint venture experience.
Scott advises on all forms of change of control transactions, general corporate matters including directors duties, notices of meeting and general Corporations Act advice, Takeovers Panel applications, asset and tenement acquisitions and joint venture arrangements, as well as Foreign Investment Review Board advice and applications.
Prior to joining Thomson Geer and previous Perth law firms, Scott worked at a leading international private equity fund in Dubai.
Mark has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2022) in the area of Leasing Law.
Scott Gibson’s recent experience includes:
- Advising Cassini Resources Limited on its merger by way of scheme of arrangement with OZ Minerals Limited and simultaneous demerger of Caspin Resources Limited by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Advising MOD Resources Limited on its merger by way of scheme of arrangement with Sandfire Resources Limited.
- Advising Educations Horizon Group Limited on its acquisition by Potentia Capital, by way of off-market takeover.
- Advising Omni Bridgeway Limited (then called IMF Bentham Limited) on its acquisition of Omni Bridgeway Holding B.V. and simultaneous placement and accelerated rights issue to raise $139 million.
- Advising Resolute Mining Limited on its disposal of the Ravenswood Gold Project to EMR Capital.