Sanushka specialises in equity capital markets, corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions (M&A). She assists her clients with a combination of technical expertise and personalised service in public and private equity fundraising, initial public offerings (IPOs), and M&A involving both private and listed companies in Australian and cross-border transactions.
Her legal expertise includes advice on the Corporations Act, compliance with ASX listing rules, corporate restructuring, corporate governance issues and the duties of directors across various industry sectors including resources, financial markets, technology, internet products and aviation.
Her practice is largely cross-border with an Asia-focus and she has expertise in capital markets and M&A transactions involving clients in the People’s Republic of China, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia and India, as well as capital markets and M&A transactions involving clients in the USA and the UK.
Amongst her professional achievements, Sanushka was named by the Australian Financial Review as one of the 100 Women of Influence in Australia 2018.
She has a particular interest in India and is a co-founder and director of the School of Policy and Governance, co-founder of the Australia India Youth Dialogue and National Vice Chair of the Australia India Business Council (AIBC).
Sanushka is a member of Women on Boards and UN Women, and in 2015 was a finalist in the Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards. She is also a mentor in Macquarie University’s 2018 Lucy Mentoring Program.
In the past she has also been a member of the NSW Government Ministerial Consultative Committee representing the Indian community in NSW, Chair of the Young Professionals Chapter AIBC and a member of Philanthropy Australia’s New Generation of Giving (New Gen).
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for Axsesstoday Ltd on its successful offer of simple corporate bonds, circa $55 million, only the fourth of its kind in Australia.
- Acting for Bidder (Pro-Pac Packaging Limited) on its acquisition of the Target (Perfection Packaging Pty Ltd and Perfection Packaging Unit Trust), and its underwritten $59.8 million capital raising (by way of a 2 tranche placement and share purchase plan) to fund the acquisition.
- Acting for Ebiquity plc in relation to the Australian aspects of its disposal of its AdIntel business to Nielsen Media Research Limited, a subsidiary of Nielsen Holdings plc, a global measurement and data analytics company.
- Acting on the initial public offering and listing of a PRC based property development company (ASX)
- Acting on the spin-off, initial public offering and listing of an Australian based cobalt resources company (ASX)
- Acting on the initial public offering and listing of a PRC based dairy (ASX)
- Acting on the initial public offering and listing of a Singapore based property development company with operations in Singapore, Malaysia, India, Germany and the UK (ASX)
- Acting on the acquisition of retail distributors and fabric mills in Malaysia and Singapore
- Acting on the acquisition of a technology company with operations in Australia, USA, Hong Kong and the PRC
- Advising a private equity firm on its investment in an education, merchandising and training group (including the acquisition by the group of various training and marketing businesses)
- Acting on the acquisition and sale of aircraft (fixed wing and rotary wing) in Australia, Singapore, South Africa and the UK