Ron Jorgensen is an Accredited tax specialist, who principally consults on Commonwealth and State tax laws, tax dispute resolution and compliance enforcement. He specialises in trusts and trust disputes, succession and asset protection, business and investment structuring and tax sensitive commercial and property transactions.
Ron is a Senior Fellow, University of Melbourne lecturing in the Masters of Law program on Tax Practice: Writing Effectively (LAWS70318). He is a nationally respected technical writer and presenter.
Ron has been recognised by Doyle’s Guide as a Recommended Leading Tax Lawyer from 2015 – 2019. He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and The Tax Institute. He is also a member of The Tax Institute’s Technical Committee (Vic), member and former chair of its States Taxes Committee (Vic) and former representative of its Victorian State Taxes Consultative Council.
Ron Jorgensen’s recent experience includes:
- Tax administration – private, product and class rulings, access and information exchange compliance, objections, remission applications and settlement and compromise negotiations
- Tax litigation – tribunal, supreme court and federal court reviews and appeals and tax compliance prosecutions
- Tax Practitioners’ Board disciplinary proceedings and tribunal reviews
- Taxation of trusts – trust establishment, variations and distributions management, trust estate litigation and charities
- Taxation of private companies – dividends, constructive dividends and company losses
- Taxation of high net worth individuals – personal services income, non-commercial losses and prepayments
- Structuring and restructuring private enterprise groups and capital gains tax consulting – restructuring rollovers, discount and small business concessions, the main residence exemption, compulsory acquisition exemption and succession planning
- GST consulting
- State taxation – duty, land tax and payroll tax