Rhonda Chesmond is a Partner in our Banking & Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency teams.
She has more than 25 years’ post admission experience working primarily with lenders and external administrators on all aspects of property and commercial financing transactions, debt restructuring, and secured recoveries.
Rhonda also represents domestic and multi-national corporate clients, both private and listed, in relation to their financing transactions.
Rhonda has been recognised by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Banking and Finance Law (2016 – 2022), and Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2018 – 2022). Rhonda is recognised in the Doyle’s Guide as a recommended Queensland Banking & Finance Lawyer (2018).
Rhonda Chesmond’s relevant experience includes:
- Advising National Storage on debt arrangements of $300 million to enable a number of acquisitions, making National Storage the biggest player in the storage business in Australia and New Zealand.
- Acting for a joint venture in relation to financing the acquisition of a portfolio of storage centres across Australia.
- Acting for a listed corporation in relation to its syndicated financing facilities across Australia, North America, and South America.
- Acting for a listed real estate investment trust in establishing its syndicated finance facilities for the acquisition of real properties and businesses across Australia.
- Acting for a multi-national food chain in relation to the documentation of its multi-currency multi option facilities.
- Acting on receiverships involving several commercial premises in Queensland, New South Wales, and Victoria including commercial buildings, hotels, service stations, retail properties, rural properties, and commercial and residential development sites.