Rebecca Strom is a commercial real estate lawyer whose practice has spanned the east and west coasts of Australia for 20 years. Her pragmatic approach and strong project management skills bring a high level of commerciality to her legal practice that is valued by clients.
Rebecca’s expertise includes acquisitions, disposals, leasing for both landlords and tenants across all sectors (including retail, office and industrial), property development, due diligence, joint ventures, liquor licensing and precedent development.
Her experience extends to in-house roles at listed property developers, and she has worked with clients across a diverse range of sectors, including international, national and local developers (listed and unlisted), major national retailers, petrol companies, mining and mining logistics companies, financiers, home improvement chains, hoteliers and government entities.
Rebecca’s commerciality is enhanced by her experience working on, and with, boards. She understands how a business operates.
Rebecca is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. She is currently a Board member of the North Metropolitan Health Service, non-executive director of Access Housing Australia (one of Western Australia’s leading social and affordable housing providers) and an Executive, Finance and Property committee member of the Western Australian Planning Commission.
Rebecca has been recognised by her peers as ‘Lawyer of the Year’ by Best Lawyers in Australia (2018) in the area of Real Property Law in Perth. She has also been recognised by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Real Property Law (2014-2021) and Leasing Law (2019-2021). Rebecca has been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a leading lawyer (2017 – 2019) and a recommended lawyer (2016) in Western Australia in Property and Real Estate Law and as a recommended lawyer in Leasing (2020).
Rebecca Strom’s relevant experience includes:
- Acting for a national retailer on its leasing portfolio of supermarkets, discount stores, petrol stations and liquor stores.
- Advising a listed developer on the acquisition and redevelopment of office premises on St Georges Terrace in Perth.
- Acting for a home improvement chain on the acquisition and development of sites across WA and associated leasing.
- Advising a private developer on the acquisition and development of petrol station, convenience store and child care sites.
- Acting for a listed developer on a greenfield residential project in Perth’s northern corridor, including project delivery arrangements.