Rebecca is a commercial real estate lawyer whose has practised across Australia for almost 20 years. Her pragmatic approach and strong project management skills bring a high level of commerciality to legal practice and is valued by clients.
Rebecca’s expertise includes acquisitions, disposals, leasing for both landlords and tenants across all sectors (including particularly retail, office and industrial), property development, due diligence and joint ventures.
Her experience extends to in-house roles at listed property developers, and she has worked with clients across a diverse range of sectors. These include international, national and local developers (listed and unlisted); major national retailers; petrol companies; mining and mining logistics companies; financiers; home improvement chains; hoteliers; and government entities.
Rebecca’s commerciality is enhanced by her experience working on, and with, boards. She understands how a business operates. Rebecca is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and currently holds the following roles:
- North Metropolitan Health Service (a statutory authority governing some of WA’s largest hospitals and State-wide health services) – Board member, and Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee
- Housing Choices WA (part of the national Housing Choices Group and one of Western Australia’s leading not-for-profit providers of Community Housing) – Non-executive director
- Executive, Finance and Property Committee of the Western Australia Planning Commission (statutory authority with state-wide responsibility for land use planning and land development) – Committee member, and the WAPC representative on the Audit and Risk Committee of the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage
Rebecca has been recognised by her peers as ‘Lawyer of the Year’ by Best Lawyers in Australia (2018) in the area of Real Property Law in Perth. She has also been recognised by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Real Property Law (2014-2022) and Leasing Law (2019-2022). Rebecca has been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a leading lawyer (2017 – 2019) and a recommended lawyer (2016) in Western Australia in Property and Real Estate Law and as a recommended lawyer in Leasing (2020 – 2021).
Rebecca Strom’s relevant experience includes:
- Acting for a national retailer on its leasing portfolio of supermarkets, discount stores, petrol stations and liquor stores
- Advising a listed developer on the acquisition and redevelopment of office premises on St Georges Terrace in Perth
- Acting for a home improvement chain on the acquisition and development of sites across WA and associated leasing
- Advising a private developer on the acquisition and development of petrol station, convenience store and child care sites
- Acting for a listed developer on a greenfield residential project in Perth’s northern corridor, including project delivery arrangements