Philip Dowling has over 30 years’ experience practising in business, commercial, and corporate law.
Philip’s range of industry experience includes agribusiness (private sector and public sector), mining services, large commercial and residential property development projects, acquisitions and sales, manufacturing, food service, medical practices, wills and estates.
Philip’s areas of expertise are:
- Corporate acquisitions – company and business acquisitions, mergers, buy outs, and joint ventures.
- Corporate governance – legal compliance, directors’ duties, statutory interpretation, governance, and best practices.
- Commercial – wide range of general commercial legal services to businesses as a principal legal adviser to several large business enterprises, including commercial property transactions.
- Restructuring and privatisation – corporatisation of statutory bodies and co-operatives to public and private companies, as well as restructuring/conversion of private sector companies and businesses.
- Primary industries – acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, trade sales, co-operation, and alliance agreements. As well as a wide variety of commercial agreements/transactions ranging from grain and commodity storage and handling, shipping, export and supply agreements, share-farming, crop damage, defective/contaminated crops, and sales and purchases of large rural properties.
- Wills & estates – drafting wills (codicils, memorandum of wishes, and POA’s), acting as executor in a large number of estates, completing administration of substantial and complex estates (including probate, letters of administration, and intestacies), and acting in estate litigation.
Philip has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Commercial law (2013 – 2023), Government Practice and Agriculture & Rural Affairs (2018 – 2023).
Philip Dowling’s recent experience includes:
- Acted as principal legal adviser for Austin Engineering Ltd (ASX:ANG) with work including acquisition of major US mining and engineering services business, acquisition of several substantial mining services businesses in WA, QLD, and NSW, and providing general corporate advice.
- Acting in multiple business acquisitions (by assets purchase and share purchase) of food services businesses, subsequent divestment to multi-national food services conglomerate. Philip’s acquisition experience also includes various medical practice purchases by a large radiology business, and acting in acquisitions of chain of rural merchandising stores, and other business.
- Acting in the restructuring and privatisation of several primary industry sectors and peak industry bodies including the grain, fruit and vegetable, pork, dairy, and sugar cane industries.
- Advising a large developer in the acquisition and proposed ‘South Park Development comprising an 188ha site at Redland Bay for a major residential, commercial, and retail development/precinct. Philip also acted for the developer of Port Hinchinbrook Resort.