Nora Minassian leads Thomson Geer’s Recoveries team.
She acts for major Australian Banks and Lenders in financial services recovery matters. With more than 10 years’ experience, Nora has practised extensively in all areas of contentious and contested security enforcement and loan recovery, including across both retail and commercial sectors.
With a thorough understanding of the industry, regulatory environment, and pressures facing Banks and lenders, Nora achieves the best commercial and legal outcomes for her clients, including through alternative dispute resolution channels.
Nora has recently been recognised by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2019) as a recommended lawyer in the area of Dispute Resolution.
Recent experience includes:
- Successfully representing a major Bank in litigation involving numerous sets of proceedings commenced by commercial borrowing entities for various breaches of duty, including under s420A of the Corporations Act.
- Successfully resolving several contested recovery matters at informal settlement conferences or via mediation, avoiding litigation and resulting in considerable recoveries.
- Acting for a large Bank in valuer litigation, which was resolved favourably at mediation and led to a substantial recovery.
- Acting for major Banks in contested recovery litigation in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and in respect of applications for special leave to the High Court of Australia.
- Successfully defending an injunction application brought by an interested party against a mortgagee, seeking to prevent the proposed sale of a large commercial development site.