Michael George has over 25 years’ experience in commercial and corporate law across public and private businesses, particularly in corporate finance, corporate restructuring, venture capital, and management buy-outs.
Michael acts for clients establishing financing and constructing major infrastructure projects. He also advises on financing for joint ventures, securitisations, mergers and acquisitions, and property financing through to reviewing and drafting standard documentation. Michael also has significant experience in the financial services sector.
More broadly, Michael provides corporate advisory services and advice on business structuring, share sales, and due diligence investigations.
Michael George’s recent experience includes:
- Structuring and implementing a very complex transaction over more than 12 months, in order to achieve delisting of a unit trust and an efficient transfer of the entire trustee function from the outgoing trustee to a new trustee with only nominal duty exempt. The property assets transitioned from were valued at around A$200 million and located in four states. The potential stamp duty was in excess of A$23 million due to the complex trust structure.
- Acted on the refinance and subsequent syndication of a A$90 million loan facility for a major REIT.
- Acted on the implementation of a A$480 million loan facility and receivables securitization for a major food producer.
- Acting for a Hong Kong bank in financing the acquisition of 70 plus commercial properties in Sydney.
- Advising a multinational software company on the legal issues surrounding the introduction of a proposed new non-cash payment facility in Australia as part of a worldwide rollout.