Matthew Reynolds is a Partner in Thomson Geer’s Corporate & M&A team.
Matthew’s key areas of focus are mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity capital markets, private equity and corporate advisory. He has particular expertise advising clients in the energy and resources, technology, health, agriculture, construction, infrastructure, retail and manufacturing sectors.
Matthew has been recognised by Best Lawyers in Australia as the 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Debt Capital Markets.
He has also been recognised in both Chambers & Partners and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as a leading M&A and Corporate lawyer, in Best Lawyers in Australia for Leveraged Buyouts (2019 & 2020) and Debt Capital Markets (2020) and in Doyle’s Guide as a “recommended” lawyer in Queensland in the area of Corporate & Commercial law.
Recent Experience Includes:
- Advising eCargo Holdings Limited (ASX:ECG) (ECG) on its acquisition of 85% of Metcash Export Services Pty Ltd. This successful acquisition allows ECG to create a one-stop offering for the businesses intent on capturing the attention of China’s growing consumer market – both online and via traditional brick and mortar stores.
- Advising on the initial public offering and listing on the ASX of numerous organisations.
- Advising on multiple M&A transactions for a leading building products company in Australia and New Zealand.
- Advising an Australian-based mineral exploration company listed on the ASX in relation to its acquisition of copper assets from another organisation in receivership.
- Advising a large ASX listed childcare provider on unsecured bond issues.
- Acting for an Indonesian Government-controlled client to build a $100 million coal conversion plant in Victoria under the Federal and State Governments’ Advanced Lignite Demonstration Program.
- Acting for a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific on its sale of a branded product line.