Mark has more than 30 years’ experience in the TMT sector.
Mark has extensive experience advising on complex IT and telecommunications projects. His experience extends to network deployments, smart grids, cyber security, SaaS and competition issues in the telco sector. Mark also advises clients involved in complex procurements, particularly in the defence sector.
Mark has recently been noted as a recognised practitioner in the Chambers Asia Pacific 2020-2021 in the area of TMT: Telecommunications.
Mark has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Information Technology Law (2017 – 2022) and Privacy and Data Security Law (2020 – 2022). He has also been recognised in The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2018 – 2021) for his work in the IT and Telecoms space, and in Doyle’s Guide (2015) as a recommended lawyer in Technology, Media and Telecommunications in New South Wales.
Mark Feetham’s recent experience includes:
- Advising ASX on the acquisition of new technology from a Swedish company to support and operate a new share trading platform.
- Advising Oracle on large SI contracts (billing system and CRM) involving customers such as AGL, Alinta, Aurora, Delta, EnergyAustralia, Envestra, Integral, Hunter Water, Hong Kong Light and Power, Transurban, TRUenergy, TrustPower, United Energy, and Yarra Valley Water
- Advising Teradata on large complex IT licensing and support transactions with a number of Australian financial entities.
- Advising NEC on an agreeent to supply and install a large IT system for the NSW Department of Corrective Services.
- Advising Silver Spring Networks/Itron on major smart grid contracts in Western Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, New Zealand, UK, Singapore and the Phillipines.
- Advising each of Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy, Essential Energy and Western Power on complex access arrangements for the rollout of the NBN network on utility power poles in Australia.
- Advising the City of Sydney on all aspects of a tender for new street furniture and on street advertising – which us one of Australia’s most valuable outdoor advertising contracts.
- Advising General Dynamics on a contract for the deployment of complex technology for the Australian Defence Force.
- Advising PMB Defence on its bid to supply batteries for the new Australian submarine fleet.
- Advising Rohde & Schwarz on various procurement contracts relating to naval procurements by the Australian Department of Defence
- Advising Nutanix on a contract to provide IT solutions for systems used by the Department of Defence.