Loretta Reynolds has been a Partner of the firm since 1998 and was elected Chair in 2007.
While her main focus is on her funds management/mergers & acquisitions practice, she also has executive responsibility for client development and relationships in all markets.
Loretta is individually recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific (2013, 2014 – 2016) in the Private Equity category for her “extensive experience in fund formation, handling of buyouts, and work for superannuation funds“, and was “praised for the very well-honed process and consistently high standard of her work, her reliable meeting of deadlines, and her excellence in the fund set-up and management space“. Loretta is also recognised as a “thoroughly experienced M&A lawyer” in Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2012 and 2021), and is ranked as a preeminent lawyer in South Australia in Corporate law in Doyle’s Guide (2012, 2015 – 2021), as well as a leading lawyer in South Australia in Agribusiness (2016 & 2018) and Commercial law (2017 – 2021). Loretta has been recognised by her peers as ‘Lawyer of the Year’ by Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Mergers & Acquisitions (2016), Private Equity (2017), Corporate Law (2018) in Adelaide, Commercial Law (2019), Venture Capital Law (2020) and Private Equity (2022) in Melbourne. In this entirely peer-review based publication, she has also been recognised by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2014 – 2022) in the areas of Corporate Law, Corporate Governance Practice, Mergers & Acquisitions, Funds Management, Private Equity, and Venture Capital and Commercial Law.
Loretta has completed the FINSIA Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, and the Advanced Insolvency Law and Practice I & II at The University of Queensland. She also has a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Economics from the University of Adelaide. Loretta is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a Fellow Member of the Governance Institute and a Senior Fellow of FINSIA.
Loretta Reynolds’ recent experience includes:
- Advising one of Australia’s most acclaimed film special effects companies, Rising Sun Pictures on its acquisition by US based visual effects studio, FuseFX.
- Acting for the Weeks Group on its sale of the share capital in Steel Business Systems Australia Pty Ltd and Weeks Peacock Quality Homes Pty Ltd (being the Supaloc and Weeks Peacock Quality Homes building businesses) to the McDonald Jones Homes and Asahi Kasei Homes Groups.
- Acting for Nexus Mutual (EECU Limited), a Melbourne based credit union, on its merger with Beyond Bank Australia Limited. Thomson Geer advised Nexus Mutual on all aspects of the merger including due diligence investigations, preparation of transaction documentation and obtaining the required regulatory approvals.
- Acting for ASX-listed Ellex Medical Lasers Limited (now Nova Eye Medical Limited) on the sale of its Ellex Lasers & Ultrasound business to Lumibird Group SA for AUD$100 million. Thomson Geer advised Ellex on all aspects of the sale, including completion of a pre-sale restructure of the Ellex Group, ASX compliance and an ACCC merger review.
- Advising Bridgestone Australia Limited on its acquisition of 100% of the shares in national mobile mechanic services company Lube Mobile Pty Ltd.
- Acting for Royal District Nursing Service (RDNS), part of the national provider, Silver Chain Group, on the acquisition and takeover as the new provider of South Australia’s previously government-managed Domiciliary Care Services.