Lisa Ziegler is a member of our Corporate and IP, Technology and Regulatory teams, and advises on a wide range of commercial and regulatory matters.
Lisa specialises in complex and innovative projects, with a particular focus on the design and execution of major government and private sector initiatives. She provides strategic advice on designing and implementing complex public policy projects, with particular expertise in balancing compliance with applicable legislation with policy considerations and business objectives.
Lisa’s experience includes working with multiple parties, stakeholders and specialist advisors in the delivery of projects and she has been a member of various Project Steering Committees. She is recognised for her strategic and solution-focused approach to providing legal advice in a commercial and policy context.
In addition to her major project expertise, Lisa has experience in a wide range of commercial and government work. She is experienced in preparing, negotiating and advising on a range of commercial agreements, and has extensive experience advising on public sector governance and conduct, government decision-making and administrative law issues (with particular expertise advising on complex regulatory regimes).
Lisa has been recognised by Doyle’s Guide (2022) as a ‘Rising Star’ in South Australia in Intellectual Property & TMT Law.
Lisa Ziegler’s recent experience includes:
- Performing a key advisory role in the outsourcing of CTP Insurance in South Australia, which included the privatisation of “front book” insurance to four private providers as well as the transfer of the Motor Accident Commission’s “back book” to the world’s largest private company, Berkshire Hathaway.
- Advising the Government of South Australia in relation to the sale of an agency’s property portfolio with a value of $565.5 million.
- Acting as lead legal to the SA CTP Regulator in relation to the design and implementation of the competitive CTP insurance scheme which commenced in South Australia from 1 July 2019.
- Advising the Government of South Australia in relation to the SAHMRI 2 health and medical research development centred around Australia’s first Proton Therapy Unit.
- Advising the Board of a newly formed Government agency in relation to its public sector governance obligations.