Lauren has over 10 years’ experience in litigation and dispute resolution, acting for clients in various industries including banking and financial services, property, leasing and Government. She specialises in secured and unsecured recoveries for major Australian Banks and lending institutions while also experienced in insolvency, advising lenders, creditors and insolvency practitioners in respect of debt recovery and enforcement.
More recently, Lauren’s role involves assisting with the management of the National Recoveries team. Lauren also works closely with relevant Government departments and the Crown Solicitor’s Office in relation to compulsory land acquisitions matters.
She regularly appears in the Supreme Court of South Australia and has a commercial and practical approach to resolving disputes, particularly relevant when advising banks and lending institutions.
Lauren has participated in a number of secondments, in Government and private institutions, which have provided valuable insight in respect of her clients, their people and their requirements. The unique ability to work directly with her clients, made available by these secondments, reinforces Lauren’s commitment to her clients and the service that is to be provided.
Lauren Rowan’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for the Department for Infrastructure and Transport in relation to compulsory acquisition proceedings, including preparation of settlement documentation, applications for payment of money out of the Supreme Court Suitors’ Fund to relevant parties and liaising with various interest holders in relation to the acquisition process. Lauren has been involved with and supervised over 130 such matters in the last two years.
- Representing a major Bank in contentious secured recovery litigation, including a Supreme Court trial, in which judgment was obtained in favour of the Bank.
- Successfully resolving a contested and contentious secured and unsecured recovery disputes and legal proceedings by way of informal negotiations, avoiding the need for any or further litigation and positive outcomes for all parties and including documenting settlement agreements.
- Representing a Top 4 Bank in a successful Supreme Court mediation which involved multiple parties and complex commercial lending arrangements.
- Reviewing and advising on position of a stockbroking client regarding enforcement options in respect of a significant unsecured debt. Advised strategy resulted in a prompt settlement offer and successful resolution in high risk circumstances for our client.
- Enforcing judgments in the South Australian, Victorian and New South Wales jurisdictions for various clients, and by way of agency for interstate clients, including by way of Statutory Demands and Winding Up proceedings, Bankruptcy Notices and Sequestration Orders.