- drafting and reviewing employment-related documentation, including employment contracts, policies and procedures, contractor agreements, secondment agreements and enterprise agreements;
- advising on counselling of employees, termination of employment, implementing workplace change, privacy, regulation of employment conditions (including by legislation and workplace instruments) and work health and safety;
- advising and acting in Fair Work Ombudsman and work health and safety investigations; and
- acting in all forms of employment litigation including unfair dismissal claims, general protection disputes, good faith bargaining disputes, discrimination complaints, right of entry disputes, breach of contract claims (particularly enforcement of post-employment restrictions) and work health and safety matters (prosecutions and coronial inquests).
Jonathon has recently been recognised by Doyle’s Guide (2018 – 2020) as a recommended lawyer in New South Wales in Workplace Health & Safety. He has also been recognised by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2019) for his work in Labour and Employment.
Jonathon Corlett’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for a university in defending a general protections claim in the Federal Court.
- Acting for a child care provider in defending a discrimination claim in the Federal Circuit Court.
- Assisting an aged care provider in updating its enterprise agreement.
- Advising a not-for-profit organisation on changes to its employment arrangements, including transferring of employees.