Jonathon has been working in the field of industrial relations since 1996, acting for clients in a broad range of industries including tertiary education, aged care, information technology, banking and finance, professional services, manufacturing, transport and logistics, construction, hospitality and retail.
Jonathon assists clients by:
- drafting and reviewing employment-related documentation, including employment contracts, policies and procedures, contractor agreements, secondment agreements and enterprise agreements;
- advising on counselling of employees, termination of employment, implementing workplace change, privacy, regulation of employment conditions (including by legislation and workplace instruments) and work health and safety;
- advising and acting in Fair Work Ombudsman and work health and safety investigations; and
- acting in all forms of employment litigation including unfair dismissal claims, general protection disputes, good faith bargaining disputes, discrimination complaints, right of entry disputes, breach of contract claims (particularly enforcement of post-employment restrictions) and work health and safety matters (prosecutions and coronial inquests).
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for a university in defending a general protections claim in the Federal Court.
- Acting for a child care provider in defending a discrimination claim in the Federal Circuit Court.
- Assisting an aged care provider in updating its enterprise agreement.
- Advising a not-for-profit organisation on changes to its employment arrangements, including transferring of employees.