Jeremy is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer who specialises in private M&A (including cross-border M&A and private equity); asset acquisitions and disposals; joint ventures; capital raisings; supply and procurement agreements; and various regulatory issues (including FIRB).
Having practiced in Johannesburg, Sydney and Perth at both top-tier and boutique law firms, Jeremy has developed extensive expertise across a broad range of industry sectors, including aged care, agribusiness, energy and resources, healthcare, professional services, retail, technology and veterinary.
Jeremy’s clients, who include private equity funds, state-owned enterprises, foreign companies, ASX-listed companies, owner-managed businesses, family offices, high-net worth individuals and large not-for-profit organisations, value the commercial, pragmatic and strategic advice he provides that enables them to achieve their commercial objectives as efficiently as possible.
Jeremy Wilkin’s recent experience includes:
- Advising VetPartners on its acquisition of ASX-listed National Veterinary Care, which owns approximately 100 veterinary clinics in Australia and New Zealand, by way of a scheme of arrangement (A$251m).
- Advising Baptistcare WA on its merger with Global Care Group, pursuant to which Baptistcare acquired Global Care’s residential aged care facilities, retirement villages and in-home care services.
- Advising the shareholders of the US-headquartered National Veterinary Associates group of companies (NVA) (funds managed by Ares Management Corporation and OMERS) in respect of Australian law applicable to the sale of NVA to JAB Holding Company and JAB Consumer Fund (US$5b).
- Advising ASX-listed CountPlus on its acquisitions of shareholdings in various Australian accounting and financial planning practices.
- Advising the shareholders of cybersecurity firm Sense of Security on the disposal of their shares to the BGH Capital-backed CyberCX, which acquired and consolidated twelve leading Australian cybersecurity firms to create a company that specializes in security assurance, incident response and digital forensics, managed security services and other cybersecurity services.