Jeremy specialises in major projects, practising in infrastructure, power & utilities, oil & gas, transport & haulage, fuel supplies & storage and regulation. He began his career in private practice in Perth, working in construction, energy and engineering and subsequently spent 10 years practising in London, working for some of the world’s largest energy companies, including five years as General Counsel of the UK’s largest gas storage and processing business.
Jeremy’s expertise includes advising on major greenfield and brownfield construction projects, a wide range of power matters, operation and maintenance regimes, energy M&A, procurement and regulatory compliance. He is able to offer specialist legal advice reflecting many years of experience working with complex commercial entities, sitting on their management and project teams and is adept at identifying and responding to key client drivers.
Jeremy is highly experienced in advising on, negotiating and drafting construction contracts, procurement contracts and tenders, O&M agreements, oil and gas construction and tie-in agreements, oil and gas transportation and processing agreements, the sale and purchase of power and gas, commodity trading and responding claims related to these arrangements.
Relevant experience includes:
- Co-adviser with Paul Gribble to the Kimberley Ports Authority on its behalf on all aspects of the proposed $120m Kimberly Marine Support Base project and the associated long term concession and operating contracts.
- Lead adviser to Centrica Storage Limited on construction and tie-in agreement, EPC contracts and $220m processing and operating services agreement to facilitate the processing of gas from the 500 bcf Tolmount gas field in the Southern North Sea.
- Lead adviser to EPC contractor for construction of the 19.1MW Hoback Farm and Limes Farm solar power plants, UK.
- Successfully led British Gas’ implementation of the Energy Companies Obligation, delivering $2.5bn of carbon-reduction construction works across the UK.
- Successfully negotiated land agreements, turbine supply agreement, balance of plant agreement, operation and maintenance agreement and power purchase agreement for 144MW Fallago Rig wind farm, Scotland.