Jeff Baker’s practice focusses on structuring and documenting Banking & Finance transactions for financial institutions operating in the Australian market. He also advises offshore based lenders and borrowers, in respect of Australian transactions or the Australian aspects of arrangements focussed offshore.
Over his career Jeff has developed valuable insights into the key commercial drivers that ensure financial transactions complete in a seamless manner and within requisite timeframes. When combined with his get it done attitude, his clients benefit from a practical approach that is aligned with and adaptable to evolving business needs.
Jeff Baker’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for an Australian bank in respect of its A$70m corporate facilities to an integrated cattle business to assist with, amongst other things, its equity contribution towards the development of a cattle processing facility in northern Australia.
- Acting for an Australian bank in respect of A$50m structured warehouse facilities to assist an agri-finance company to grow its strategic feedlot finance business.
- Acting for an international bank in respect ofAU$180 million facilities relating to cattle aggregations in the Northern Territory to facilitate changes to the partnership ownership structure.
- Acting for an international bank in respect of its A$60m facilities to assist the Australian arm of an international conglomerate to acquire various macadamia farming assets on the east coast of Australia.
- Acting for a Commonwealth statutory corporation in respect of various facilities in the waste to energy space, including hybrid project financing to facilitate the development of a process engineered fuel plant located in New South Wales.