Jason is a Special Counsel with a background in dispute management, insolvency, and recovery matters.
Jason has a proven ability to quickly understand complexities inherent in, and to devise risk management strategies to address, problems that surface across a variety of sectors.
Over many years Jason has been the lead lawyer advising, and obtaining strong and commercial outcomes for:
- lenders and creditors in recoveries and restructures
- receivers, administrators and liquidators of distressed companies
- directors of distressed companies.
Jason has also advised a represented class in complex rectification proceedings in the Victorian Supreme Court, and a broad number of corporate and individual clients in matters involving diverse issues such as fraud and cross-border jurisdictional disputes.
In approaching disputes, Jason strives for outcomes without recourse to formal litigation where possible. Where litigation cannot be avoided, Jason conducts proceedings in a manner that is client-focused and cost effective.
Jason has a Master of Laws and is a member of FINSIA.
Recent experience includes:
- Acted for major banks in enforcing suites of securities, obtaining freezing orders in respect of disbursement of funds, and devising strategies to address presence of Financial Services Ombudsman complaints.
- Acted for a listed mining company and its directors in respect of insolvency issues, dealings with voluntary administrator, and deed of company arrangement issues.
- Acted for a represented class in complex rectification proceedings in the Victorian Supreme Court.