Jason Marcus is involved in a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestments, capital raisings, initial public offerings, takeovers, schemes of arrangement and commercial due diligence. His clients are both local and international, including public companies and private equity funds.
Jason has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating a broad range of agreements, with a focus on achieving practical commercial outcomes sought by clients.
He has experience across a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, retail, technology, pharmaceutical, telecommunications and resources.
Jason Marcus’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for China Cinda as an underwriter for $1.2 billion of Yancoal Australia Limited’s $2.35 billion entitlement issue.
- Acting for Israeli-Australian food tech company Dragontail Systems (ASX:DTS) on its acquisition by Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM) by way of Scheme of Arrangement for aggregate consideration of A$93.5 million.
- Acting for Flick Anticimex, a leading pest control and hygiene company, on corporate matters and multiple acquisitions in the pest control and hygiene services industry
- Acting for Australian biogas systems provider Energy 360 on the sale of this business to AGL
- Acting for Canon Australia on the purchase of Satalyst, a leading Microsoft cloud and security partner
- Acting for Arq Group, an investee company of Quadrant Private Equity, on the purchase of Diaxion, to create Australia’s only full-service technology, data, AI, cloud and digital consultancy
- Acting for XAct Solutions on the sale of this logistic specialist business to TM Insight
- Acting for the Retail Apparel Group, on corporate matters, including the acquisition of the retail clothing brands, “Roger David” and “Ed Harry” and negotiation of warehouse arrangements
- Acting for Guess Australia on the purchase and subsequent sale and licensing of the Australian Guess apparel retail and accessory retail businesses.
- Acting for McPherson’s Limited on joint venture arrangements and corporate matters. The joint venture arrangements include ventures with New Zealand Deer Cosmetics Ltd (a cosmetic range formulated with pure New Zealand deer milk trading under the “Kotia” brand), My Kart (a consumer goods business based on adult and student milk formulas, pre-packaged dried and organic foods trading under the “Soulful” brand), and Sugarbaby (a consumer skincare and tanning brand).
- Acting for Eildon Capital Ltd (ASX:EDC) on its initial public offering on the ASX.
- Acting for Ingham Enterprises, the largest integrated poultry producer across Australia and New Zealand, on its sale to private equity firm TPG Capital.