Jason Marcus is involved in a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestments, capital raisings, initial public offerings, takeovers, schemes of arrangement and commercial due diligence. His clients are both local and international, including public companies and private equity funds.
Jason has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating a broad range of agreements, with a focus on achieving practical commercial outcomes sought by clients.
He has experience across a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, retail, technology, pharmaceutical, telecommunications and resources.
Jason Marcus’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for China Cinda as an underwriter for $1.2 billion of Yancoal Australia Limited’s $2.35 billion entitlement issue.
- Acting for Dragontail Systems Limited on its $19.25m capital raising via the issue of convertible preference shares to US institutional investors and Dragontail’s largest Australian shareholder.
- Acting for Flick Anticimex, a leading pest control and hygiene company, on corporate matters and multiple acquisitions in the pest control and hygiene services industry
- Acting for the Retail Apparel Group, on corporate matters, including the acquisition of the retail clothing brands, “Roger David” and “Ed Harry”
- Acting for Guess Australia on the purchase and subsequent sale and licensing of the Australian Guess apparel retail and accessory retail businesses.
- Acting for McPherson’s Limited on its joint venture with New Zealand Deer Cosmetics Ltd a privately owned New Zealand company, to create the world’s first cosmetic range formulated with pure New Zealand deer milk under the brand “Kotia”.