Over the last 3 decades James Daniel’s legal practice has serviced those who own, control or who have exposures to large businesses either company side or stakeholder side.
In particular, James handles the initiation or defence of complex litigation, dispute resolution, debt recovery, insolvency, restructuring, investigations, corporate governance and risk management often in hostile, tense or crisis circumstances.
He advises boards and senior management at all stages of the business cycle by drawing on his deep and diverse experience.
James also handles complex insolvencies for insolvency practitioners when a business is irretrievably broken.
Strong, assertive, mature and commercially effective legal representation is his hallmark.
James has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia for the areas of Commercial law and Corporate law (2014 – 2021) and Corporate/Governance practice (2016 – 2021). He has also been recognised in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020) in the area of Restructuring & Insolvency.
To view full profile, click here.
James Daniel’s client testimonials
- Michael Potter, Director, Axiom Forensics:
- “In the time that I have known James I have found him to be a diligent professional dedicated to achieving optimal cost effective outcomes for the client. He is often thinking on issues in a strategic manner and pushing for innovative solutions to difficult problems encountered in matters rather than responding to claims made by the opposition. I wholeheartedly recommend him for complex and difficult litigation matters, particularly those associated with insolvency or regulatory issues.”
- Susanna Taylor, Senior Investment Manager, LCM:
- “The areas in which James and I have worked together relate to both complex insolvency litigation as well as general commercial litigation. I have found James to be a commercial astute and strategic lawyer who is able to quickly identify the relevant issues and to provide practical and considered advice and direction. I would not hesitate to seek advice from James in relation to a matter which LCM was considering funding or to engage him to act if a claim we were funding required a legal team.”
- Patrice Sherrie, Director Specialist Advisory, Bentleys:
- “James has assisted me over the years in difficult commercial matters where we were seeking to avoid litigation. He provided a frank and commercial approach, overlayed with a keen sense of strategic thought to effect an optimal outcome.”
- Brad Watkins, General Counsel, ENERGEX Limited and SunWater Limited:
“I highly recommend James as a forensically skilled investigator and formidable litigator of complex corporate or insolvency matters. He digs deep and is consequently well prepared. He fights hard and effectively for his corner, and is extremely well versed in contentious corporate governance matters and risk management.”