Helen Jin is a corporate and commercial lawyer who regularly acts on a broad range of matters for both private and public companies across a number of industries.
She has a particular focus on equity capital markets as well as private and public M&A, including initial public offerings, takeovers, schemes of arrangement, capital raisings, corporate restructures, acquisitions and divestments.
Helen has extensive experience in advising on all aspects of the Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules, and providing company secretarial and compliance support to both Australian and international clients.
She regularly advises on Australia’s foreign investment laws and has successfully applied for FIRB approval in relation to a variety of investments and acquisitions.
Helen has been recognised by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2020 – 2022) in the area of Commercial Law.
Helen Jin’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for Israeli-Australian food tech company Dragontail Systems (ASX:DTS) on its acquisition by Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM) by way of Scheme of Arrangement for aggregate consideration of A$93.5 million.
- Acting for VetPartners on its A$251 million acquisition of National Veterinary Care (ASX:NVL) by way of Scheme of Arrangement, including applying for FIRB approval and extension of National Veterinary Care’s banking facility.
- Acting for engineering services company Tetra Tech (NASDAQ:TTEK) on its A$109 million off-market takeover for all of the shares in Coffey International (ASX:COF), including applying for FIRB approval, post-acquisition restructure and refinance of the Coffey group.
- Acting on the partial divestment by the founding shareholders and key management of Device Technologies Australia to HarbourVest/RMB Capital Partners, including roll-up of minority interest holdings in the Device group.
- Advising McPherson’s (ASX:MCP) in relation to its A$60 million corporate bond issue and the refinance of the McPherson’s group’s senior debt facilities.
- Acting for ASF Group (ASX:AFA) in relation to its on-market takeover offer for ActivEX (ASX:AIV).
- Acting for Ingham Enterprises, the largest integrated poultry producer across Australia and New Zealand, on its sale to private equity firm TPG Capital.