Hedley Roost is a corporate, securities and M&A lawyer who helps form, fund, buy and sell businesses. Hedley has extensive experience in a wide range of corporate and commercial law matters, including domestic and cross-jurisdictional mergers and acquisitions (public and private), capital raisings, restructuring and insolvency, joint ventures and private equity. Hedley advises clients across a range of industries with a particular focus on the energy and resources, technology and agribusiness sectors.
With his specific expertise, Hedley also provides general commercial law advice and deals with corporate ‘head office’ and regulatory issues relating to corporate governance, the Corporations Act, ASX listing rules and ASIC policy, directors’ duties and employee incentive arrangements. Hedley regularly advises clients in relation to Takeovers Panel proceedings.
Hedley Roost’s recent experience includes:
- Advising ASX-listed gold miner Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited on its acquisition of Barrick Gold Corporation’s 50% interest in the Kalgoorlie Super Pit and its associated equity raising.
- Advising power generation specialist Pacific Energy Limited on its scheme of arrangement with QIC Private Capital and associated Takeovers Panel proceedings.
- Advising ASX-listed copper company MOD Resources Limited on its scheme of arrangement with Sandfire Resources NL.
- Advising Buddy Platform Limited, a leading Internet of Things and cloud-based solutions company, on its acquisition of global smart lighting technology company LIFX, by way of Delaware merger, and its associated capital raising.
- Advising ASX-listed iron ore miner Atlas Iron Limited on its takeover by Hancock Prospecting.