Greg has in excess of 15 years’ experience in building and construction matters within Queensland.
During this time Greg has acted for and advised government regulatory authorities, developers, contractors, sub-contractors, architects, engineers, insurers, liquidators and administrators in relation to a variety of litigious and non-litigious issues.
Greg has additionally prepared, reviewed and advised upon project specific documentation including contracts, subcontracts, deeds of variation, deeds of novation, contractual notices and insurance documentation.
Relevant experience includes:
- Successfully overturning the decision of the Queensland Building and Construction Commission that a former director and secretary of a large Queensland based building company was an influential person at the time of the company going into administration, and thereby having the individual’s building licence reinstated.
- Successfully negotiating with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission for the reinstatement of the building licences of the directors of a New South Wales based builder, where they had been directors of a failed company which did not undertake construction work.
- Acting for a major professional indemnity insurer in a $25 million claim made against an engineer for the alleged defective design of an aircraft hangar used for the servicing of military aircraft.
- Successfully acting on behalf of a subcontractor in relation to proceedings commenced in the wake of the collapse of Walter Construction Group Pty Ltd.
Contractual Advice and drafting
- Reviewing and providing advice to clients in relation to various standard form contracts including AS2124, AS4000, AS4902, ABIC SW and MW and Master Builders commercial and residential contracts.
- Drafting and amending special conditions to standard form contracts to ensure that compliance with relevant legislation and to best protect the interests of the client.