Georgina has over 16 years’ experience practising in insurance litigation in Victoria and the United Kingdom.
Georgina has managed and performed defendant insurance litigation work, advised public authorities, and also worked in general practice managing a large portfolio of personal injury, clinical negligence, and commercial litigation matters for plaintiffs.
Georgina joined the firm in 2012 and primarily acts for WorkSafe (the Victorian Workcover Authority), its authorised insurers, and employers in defending common law damages litigation under the Accident Compensation Act. She frequently conducts cases in both trial and appellate jurisdictions, predominantly in the County Court and Supreme Court of Victoria.
Before joining the firm Georgina was employed for 7 years as Senior Legal Counsel in the Dispute Management Division of WorkSafe Victoria, managing their legal panel firms and gaining specialist expertise in the Accident Compensation Act and related legislation.
Georgina also has experience as a Senior Solicitor at the Transport Accident Commission. She worked in the Victorian common law team from 2001 to 2005 frequently appearing in VCAT, the County Court, and the Supreme Court.
A highly regarded practitioner in her field, Georgina has a reputation for high service standards and an ability to produce outcomes which are finely attuned to her clients’ strategic objectives. Georgina’s depth and breadth of knowledge and expertise is complemented by her strategic management abilities, problem solving skills, and organisational prowess.
Georgina has been recognised in Doyle’s Guide (2016) as a “recommended lawyer” in the Victorian market for WorkSafe & Workers Compensation.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting on matters in the County Court, Supreme Court, and Court of Appeal.
- Advising and reporting on strategic issues and complaints.
- Advising Directors, Chief Executives, and Boards on matters relating to the handling of key issues impacting on claims management and strategically contested matters.
- Monitoring quality of legal service and results using key performance indicators.
- Assisting in the ongoing strategies relating to the use of panel firms.