Geoff Wood specialises in construction, infrastructure and major projects. Geoff’s areas of expertise covers all legal aspects of construction, infrastructure, public private partnerships (PPPs), alliancing and defence materiel procurement.
Widely recognised as one of Australia’s leading construction and infrastructure lawyers, Geoff is often retained in landmark and multi-billion dollar projects.
He is experienced in all aspects of the negotiation, documentation and administration of major construction, civil engineering, resources, defence and privately funded infrastructure projects, together with alliancing and the outsourcing of maintenance and other functions.
Geoff has been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a leading lawyer in Construction (2014-2021) and a recommended lawyer (2022) in Front End Construction, Infrastructure & Major Projects in New South Wales.
Geoff has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers Australia in the area of Transportation Law (2015 – 2023) and Construction & Infrastructure Law (2008 – 2023).
Geoff Wood’s recent experience includes:
- Acting on some of Australia’s largest PPP deals.
- Advising on multi-billion dollar on-shore and off-shore construction developments.
- Acting for major international consortia in the construction, operation and maintenance of desalination plants throughout Australia.
- Acting for State governments and some of Australia’s largest, most prestigious, construction and infrastructure entities on landmark infrastructure works.
- Acting for contractors on some of Australia’s largest military construction and through-life support projects.