Franco Aversa advises clients on the negotiation and documentation of major construction and infrastructure projects across sectors including government, PPP, rail water, mining, telecommunications and renewables.
With a dual qualification in the legal and building industry and having worked in house, Franco has significant expertise in major projects and front-end construction law as well as advising on contentious project administration and construction disputes and acting for sponsors/owners, debt financiers, equity participants, contractors and operators.
Franco is recognised by Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2022) in Construction law. He has previously been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a ‘Rising Star’ in Construction law.
Franco Aversa’s recent experience includes:
- Acting on some of Australia’s largest PPP deals.
- Acting for state governments and some of Australia’s largest, most prestigious construction and infrastructure entities on headline infrastructure projects.
- Advising renewable energy developers on the design and construction of wind and solar farms across Australia.
- Advising on the design and construction of large natural resources projects.
- Acting for developers on major property acquisitions and sales.
- Advising construction and engineering companies on the preparation and negotiation of major supply agreements with local and global suppliers.
- Advising equity investors on the acquisition of construction and infrastructure assets.
- Advising operators on the privatisation of transport infrastructure services such as buses, ferries and light rail.