Fiona Mudie is an experienced real estate lawyer specialising in property development and structuring, acquisitions and disposals and major tenancy leasing.
Fiona acts for a diverse range of corporate and government clients across various sectors including real estate, energy and resources, registered clubs, tourism and infrastructure. She is experienced in advising on the life cycle of real estate projects from due diligence and acquisition to project delivery, titling, leasing and divestment.
Fiona brings a pragmatic approach to transactions with a focus on delivering solutions and driving the execution of her clients’ commercial objectives.
Fiona has been recognised by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia in the areas of Planning and Environment Law (2020 – 2022) and Real Property Law (2021 & 2022). She has also been recognised in Doyle’s Guide (2016, 2018 – 2021) as a Rising Star in Property & Real Estate law in Australia.
Fiona Mudie’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for Dalian Wanda Group on the acquisition of Goldfields House, Sydney and adjoining properties for a combined purchase price in excess of $500 million, including ongoing advice on the redevelopment of the consolidated site.
- Advising the Central Coast Local Health District on its collaboration with the University of Newcastle, to construct a new Central Coast Clinical School and Research Institute.
- Acting for Woolworths group of companies in relation to complex property development and the acquisition, disposal and leasing of anchor retail tenancies, petrol station sites, liquor tenancies and shopping centre developments.
- Advising Orica Limited on the subdivision, development and divestment of landholdings at Botany including complex land title, easement and environmental compliance advice.
- Acting for Frasers Property Group on the titling and development of a mixed use strata development at North Ryde comprising 380 apartments.