Emma Martin is a member of the Thomson Geer Property Group. Over the past twenty years in practice she has acquired substantial property experience.
Emma has been involved in reviewing and drafting documentation for numerous landlords and tenants in large commercial leasing and property transactions. She has also been involved in substantial property due diligence for both buyers and sellers of properties and in corporate mergers and acquisitions.
Emma Martin’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for the tenant of commercial Docklands premises which involved conducting the negotiations for the lease and agreement for lease and dealing with numerous issues including indemnities, rights of first refusal and lease incentives.
- Acting for a university in respect of its relocation to new premises. This included advising on issues associated with the development including force majeure, defects liability, quality and timing of landlord’s works, integration of tenant’s works and fit out contributions.
- Acting for a subsidiary of an overseas listed company in its purchase of 19 apartments simultaneously for development. This involved numerous logistical issues including obtaining FIRB approval, licences back to vendor, termination of tenancies, residential tenancy issues and the purchase of adjoining substation land.
- Acting for a private investor in the disposition of a CBD building. This included drafting and negotiating the sale documentation and advising on lease and warranty issues.
- Working closely with the corporate section and advising on the property aspects of M&A transactions and supervising a team of solicitors.
- Dealing with the property aspects of an $800 million divestment by a pharmaceutical company, which included drafting and negotiating complex lease back and completion documentation.