Emma practises in the areas of commercial litigation and dispute resolution.
Emma has particular expertise in banking and finance litigation and dispute resolution. She acts on behalf of, and provides advice to, banks, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners on a range of banking and finance issues, including secured and unsecured recoveries and personal and corporate insolvency. Emma is experienced in managing high-volume recoveries for banks and other financial institutions.
Emma also has experience in contractual disputes, commercial and retail property disputes, compulsory acquisitions, and debt recovery.
She provides commercial tailored advice to her clients and advises them on the best strategy to ensure that they obtain the optimum result in a prompt and cost effective manner.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for Australian banks in the enforcement of securities, recovery of debts and possession of secured property including reviewing facility and security documentation.
- Acting for leading insolvency practitioners in relation to personal and corporate restructuring matters, including:
- receivership and liquidator appointments;
- assisting and facilitating the realisation of assets;
- unfair preferences, uncommercial transactions, insolvent transactions, unfair loans and voidable transactions; and
- public examinations.
- Acting for Bank of Queensland Limited in relation to a Restraining Order lodged by the AFP on a security property, advice regarding the Proceeds of Crime Act and forfeiture to the Commonwealth.
- Acting for a bank in relation to fraud, the enforcement of forged loan agreements and securities and identification issues.