Dianne is a highly experienced lawyer with a practice that covers intellectual property, procurement, privacy, consumer law, complex transactions, research agreements, and general commercial advising.
Her diverse client base includes governments, large listed companies, local subsidiaries of multi-national companies, entrepreneurial and tech-based Australia businesses, research and medical institutions, and not-for-profit organisations.
Dianne was recently acknowledged by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific for her work in the Intellectual Property space. She is Past President of the Licensing Executives’ Society for Australia and New Zealand, which is the peak professional body for experts in licensing technology and intellectual property. Dianne is a highly requested speaker at conferences.
Dianne Beer’s recent experience includes:
- Successful Federal Court trade mark case to win acceptance for registration of its trade mark by a European consumer goods manufacturer over opposition from its US rival.
- Complex software development agreements, including those for IOT.
- Registration, protection and licensing for a number of leading brands across different industry sectors including health, aged care, FMCG, fashion, broadcasting and entertainment and construction.
- Contractual terms and regulatory advice for both providers and consumers of SaaS services.
- Licensing and commercial transactions, including data access and management, within multi-institutional research arrangements on behalf of a leading medical research institute.
- Technology transfer agreements and licensing of intellectual property, transfer of personnel and agreements for ongoing support for spin outs as new companies.
- Complex research and development agreements in agriculture and aquaculture for a State government department.
- Notifiable data breach within a State government department.