Delene is a highly experienced commercial and mergers and acquisitions lawyer, having practiced in this field in Australia for more than 15 years (and previously, in South Africa, where she initially practised at one of the largest law firms in South Africa, before moving to a specialist M&A practice where she was quickly promoted to a partner before emigrating to Australia).
Delene specialises in private sector mergers, acquisitions and other transactional work.
Prior to joining Thomson Geer, Delene was one of the founding partners of a Sydney commercial firm specialising in corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions.
Delene enjoys a reputation amongst her peers and clients alike for being highly skilled, pragmatic and commercially minded.
Delene Blumberg’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for GreenLife Structures Pty Ltd in relation to their acquisition of a business that fabricates and installs greenhouses and shade sails.
- Acting for the Lanyana Group, a debt restructuring and insolvency advisory group, in relation to their acquisition of further allied businesses as well as their establishment of an employee equity incentive trust, the subscription for additional equity and a restructuring of their existing shareholding and option arrangements.
- Acting for one of the shareholders of the Soulfresh Group, an international better-for-you food and beverage group, on the sale of a significant stake in the group to a European vertically integrated retail and consumer innovation and investment firm for $49m.
- Acting for Bridgewest Australia Holdings LLC (a US biotech group) in relation to the purchase of a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in South Australia, including its application to the Foreign Investment Review Board for approval of the transaction under the changes announced by the Treasurer on 29 March 2020.
- Acting for Coastalbreeze Pty Ltd, the seller of a NSW-based aged care facility in Bexley, on the sale of that business, as well as the land on which the business was situated, to another approved aged care operator.
- Acting for the shareholders of Pier DC Pty Ltd, a Tier III data centre based in WA, on their sale to Singapore-based DC Alliance.