David Schiavello is a specialist mergers & acquisitions and equity capital markets lawyer, who prides himself on delivering successful outcomes for his clients. He is highly sought after for his passion to provide service of the highest quality.
In addition to public and private M&A and equity capital markets, David is also experienced in corporate and commercial advisory and corporate governance across a number of sectors, including technology, retail, professional services and telecommunications. David is especially regarded for his expertise in drafting and negotiating complex purchase price mechanisms in sale and purchase agreements.
David enjoys building strong relationships with his clients, and is focused on understanding their business drivers and objectives, to ensure his advice is always commercially relevant.
David has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2020 – 2023) in the area of Equity Capital Markets. David has also been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a leading lawyer in Business & Commercial law (2021) and a recommended lawyer in Corporate law (2017, 2019 – 2021) in Victoria.
David’s clients say he “has a unique understanding of both private and public M&A related transactions with a strong ability to negotiate technical points whilst explaining them in simple terms. His interpersonal skills make him exceptionally approachable and his competence across a broad range of industries and transaction structures make him an invaluable advisor in any M&A related transactions” (Legal 500 Asia Pacific).
David Schiavello’s recent experience includes:
- Advising the shareholders of technology based DevOps business Octopus Deploy on the sale of a minority interest to US venture capital firm Insight Partners for A$221 million.
- Advising the shareholders of Freight Management Holdings Pty Ltd, a leading 4PL logistics business more commonly known as efm Logistics Services, on the sale of a minority interest to Singapore Post Limited for A$85 million.
- Advising ASX-listed City Chic Collective on its A$80 million institutional placement and A$31 million share purchase plan.
- Advising the shareholders of software development company QuantumIT on the sale of a minority interest to US private equity firm Quad Partners.
- Advising the shareholders of software and app developer Readify Limited, which included private equity, institutional shareholders and senior management, on the sale of Readify to Telstra Corporation Limited.
- Advising aged and disability care provider Accommodation & Care Solutions on its A$62 million sale to ASX-listed Zenitas Healthcare Limited and a consortium led by Adamantem Capital and Liverpool Partners.