David Schiavello is a specialist mergers & acquisitions and equity capital markets lawyer, who prides himself on delivering successful outcomes for his clients. He is highly sought after for his commitment to, and passion for, providing service of the highest quality.
In addition to public and private M&A and capital markets, he is also experienced in joint ventures, corporate and commercial advisory and corporate governance across a number of sectors, including technology, retail, professional services, financial services and food and beverages. David is especially highly regarded for his expertise in drafting and negotiating completion accounts and earn-out accounts mechanisms in sale and purchase agreements.
David enjoys building strong relationships with his clients, and is focused on understanding their business drivers and objectives, to ensure his advice is always commercially relevant.
David has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2020 – 2021) in the area of Equity Capital Markets. David has also been recognised in Doyle’s Guide in Victoria as a leading lawyer in Corporate law (2019) and a recommended lawyer in Corporate law (2020) and Corporate/M&A (smaller and mid-market matters) (2017).
David Schiavello’s recent experience includes:
- Advising the shareholders of Victorian based Freight Management Holdings Pty Ltd, a leading 4PL logistics business more commonly known as efm Logistics Services, on a transaction that will see Singapore Post Limited become a 38% shareholder in Freight Management Holdings for A$85m.
- Advising ASX-listed City Chic Collective on its $80 million institutional placement and share purchase plan, and on the Australian legal aspects of City Chic Collective’s acquisition of the eCommerce assets of Catherines from NASDAQ-listed Ascena Retail Group, which coincided with the equity capital raise.
- Acting on all Australian legal aspects of Australian plus size women’s fashion company, City Chic Collective Limited’s acquisition of UK plus size women’s fashion company, Evans Group Limited for A$41m.
- Advising aged and disability care provider Accommodation & Care Solutions on its $62 million sale to ASX-listed Zenitas Healthcare Limited and a consortium led by Adamantem Capital and Liverpool Partners. David’s advice extended to driving an overwhelmingly successful outcome for our client on a post-completion earn-out dispute.
- Advising the shareholders of Omniblend Nutrition on its $22 million (plus earn-out) sale to ASX-listed Keytone Dairy Corporation. The deal involved the negotiation of complex purchase price mechanisms and resulted in two of Omniblend’s directors joining the board of Keytone Dairy Corporation.
- Advising the board of directors of each of CommsChoice Group Limited, AD1 Holdings Limited and Contango Income Generator Limited on each entity’s successful IPO and ASX listing. Our role in each case involved the management of all legal aspects of the IPO.
- Advising NYSE-listed US company Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. on its acquisition of RITEQ, an Australian provider of enterprise workforce management solutions. Ceridian took out a ‘buy-side’ warranty and indemnity (W&I) insurance policy on this deal and our role included advising our client on all aspects of the W&I insurance process.
- Advising the shareholders of software and app developer Readify Limited, which included private equity, institutional shareholders and senior management, on the sale of Readify to Telstra Corporation Limited. This deal took place as part of a competitive sale process and our role included advising the board of Readify on the merits of competing bids and helping the board and shareholders elect Telstra’s offer as the best offer.