Dan Stumm’s areas of expertise include mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity capital markets, mining and resources, private equity and FIRB advice. He has advised clients in a broad range of sectors including: agriculture, energy and resources, construction, retail and manufacturing, health, education, and financial services at all stages of the corporate life-cycle from start-up to large listed companies.
Dan has acted on numerous acquisitions and divestments of businesses, including transactions for CSR Limited, OSI Group, and Goodman Fielder Limited and formation of multi-jurisdictional joint ventures with Licella Holdings Limited.
Dan Stumm’s recent experience includes:
- Advising CSR Limited on >25 acquisitions and divestments (including competitive bids), formation of 50/50 joint venture, and strategic revisions to existing joint ventures.
- Advising Licella Holdings Limited on formation of multi-jurisdiction and multi-modal joint venture, Arbios Biotech with Canadian Forest Products Ltd in relation to commercialisation of Licella’s CAT-HTRTM technology to provide low-carbon circular economy solutions around the world.
- Advising co-investors (Wattle Hill Capital, Ellerston Capital and entities associated with JD.com) in connection with their private equity investment; comprising development capital (Stage 1) and expansion capital (Stage 2) into the now listed Bubs Australia Limited.
- Advising OSI Group’s Australian subsidiary on the merger of OSI Group’s Australian business with third largest chicken primary processor in Australia and to form a joint venture.
- Advising NT Bullion with respect to acquisition and divestment of a number of mining tenements. NT Bullion brought their Frances Creek Iron Ore mine back into production and shipped their first boatload of Iron Ore in June 2021.
- Advising Acacia Partners in their capacity as lead manager and arranger to a number of listed entity capital raisings.
- Advising the board of iCollege Limited on their current takeover bid for Redhill Education Limited.