Colin McCaul is a member of Thomson Geer’s Property team and over the past 18 years in practise has acquired substantial experience in the property field.
Colin’s areas of expertise include acquisition and disposal of property, commercial, industrial and retail leasing, corporate real estate, property development (both commercial and residential), subdivision advice, joint venture agreements and property related merger and acquisition work.
Colin’s experience comes from overseas in the UK and interstate and he has also spent time in-house. His unique background and experience enables him to see matters from both sides and to deliver the most effective commercial solutions to his clients.
- Acted for a landowner in the sale of a $140 million site in New South Wales.
- Acted in the sale of numerous CBD buildings including the drafting and negotiation of the sale documentation and dealing with tenancy issues.
- Preparation and negotiation of complex Agreements for Lease and Leases of industrial, retail and commercial premises.
- Preparation of standard office and retail leases for CBD office buildings.
- Preparation of Contracts of Sale for both residential and commercial developments.
- Acting for owners of mixed-use developments in relation to retail and commercial leasing.
- Advising in relation to lease disputes including in relation to tenant default, rent reviews and make good obligations.
- Working closely with corporate teams and advising on property aspects of lending transactions including reviews of developers off the plan contracts.