Chris acts for public and private businesses, high net-worth individuals and family groups across a range of industries. He assists clients with Mergers and Acquisitions of varying complexity and sizes including for restructures and sales of shares, units, businesses and assets. He also advises clients on general Corporate and Advisory matters that arise from time to time during the course of business including in relation to compliance, directors, management, employees, contractors, customers, suppliers and other third parties.
Chris also has invaluable experience working on a range of Property and Franchising matters.
Chris Chin’s recent experience includes:
- Acted on a number of public and confidential transactions of varying complexity and sizes (from as low as $50,000 to as high as $200 million) across a range of industries (including Technology, Accounting, Construction, Financial Services, Food/Restaurant/Cafes, Franchising, Import & Export, Manufacturing, Property/Development/Real Estate and Retail/Wholesale).
- Advised on the relaunch of the Sustainable Melbourne Fund as the Sustainable Australia Fund. The organisation has now expanded beyond its original Melbourne base, with a $200 million funding commitment available through Bank Australia. The Sustainable Australia Fund will now work with businesses across Australia to achieve their environmental upgrades.
- Acted for Nexus Mutual (a Melbourne-based credit union) on its merger with Beyond Bank Australia Limited (a customer-owned mutual bank).
- Acted for the Growth Factor Group (a Melbourne-based financier) on its acquisition of Right2Drive Pty Ltd (which operates an accident hire car business in Australia and New Zealand) from the Eclipx Group for up to $26.5m in fixed and contingent consideration.
- Acted for Octopus Deploy (a Brisbane-based technology company) on closing a $221 million investment from Insight Partners (a New York-based venture capital fund). The investment was reported as the largest Australian venture capital funding round since Insight Partners led an investment in another company in 2014.
- Acted for Lion Selection Group Limited (an ASX-listed company specialising in mining investments) on the sale of its interest in the Pani Joint Venture (which represented the largest investment in its portfolio) for a total consideration of USD$52 million (comprised of cash and scrip).
- Acted for the Hawthorn Football Club on its sale of the WestWaters Hotel and Entertainment Complex business (being a licensed gaming venue, entertainment complex and hotel in Caroline Springs). The combined price of $85 million for the leasehold (which is held by the club) and the freehold was reported as “Victoria’s biggest pub deal”.
- Acted for Angel Seafood Holdings Ltd (an ASX-listed producer of pacific oysters on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia) on its scheme of arrangement. Under the scheme, approximately 70% of its shares will be acquired by the Laguna Bay Group (one of Australia’s largest privately owned specialist food and agricultural investment firms serving institutional clients).