Chris O’Shea has 25 years’ experience acting in all aspects of real estate investment and development. His expertise includes commercial, retail, residential, and industrial developments.
Chris acts for ASX listed companies, private and institutional developers and investors, state government instrumentalities, banks and financial institutions, and consultants to the real estate industry.
Chris has acted on numerous high profile hotel and tourism asset transactions including Royal Pines Resort, the Mercure Surfers Paradise, the Cairns Oasis Resort, and Tourism assets on Dunk and Bedarra Islands.
Chris has assisted clients in applications for, and transfers of, liquor licences and variations to licence conditions. He has also advised clubs and associations on constitution and rules issues, and operational issues including finance facilities, land ownership, and leasing matters.
Chris presents papers and leads seminars and workshops for the Queensland Law Society on stamp duty, leasing and conveyancing issues, and has chaired industry seminars on Green Leasing.
Chris was recently acknowledged by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2018) for his work in the Real Estate space.
Chris has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2017 – 2020) in the areas of Banking and finance, Land use and zoning, Project finance and development, and Real property law. He has received recognition in this publication every year since 2012. He has also been recognised in Doyle’s Guide in the Queensland Property & Real Estate law space, as leading lawyer (2016 – 2019) and recommended lawyer (2020), in the area of Health & Aged Care as a recommended lawyer (2018 and 2019) and Leading Leasing (2019 and 2020).
Recent experience includes:
- Advised FKP Commercial Developments in relation to the Gasworks development at Newstead. Work included drafting and implementing complex titling arrangements for this significant mixed use master planned development.
- Acted in the leasing of the retail shopping centre and commercial office buildings, and in the development and sale of the commercial office tower, which will become Bank of Queensland’s new corporate headquarters in 2014.
- Acted for Hindmarsh Developments in the acquisition of a major development site at Kelvin Grove, and currently acting in the development and sale of residential apartments, and retail and commercial office space.
- Acted for McConaghy Properties in the acquisition of Toowoomba Plaza Shopping Centre.
- Acted for RACV in the acquisition of the Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast.