Catherine acts for clients in a variety of industries in respect of both litigated and non-litigious disputes. Catherine has experience representing clients in complex commercial disputes, contractual disputes, property and leasing disputes, fraud and misrepresentation investigations, and coronial inquiries.
Catherine began her career at the Australian Government Solicitor where she acted on behalf of various Commonwealth Government clients, including the Department of Health, Department of Defence, Comcare and Comcover.
Catherine has an interest in the health, aged care and retirement villages industry and has acted for a number of national aged care proprietors and private hospital corporations.
Catherine has experience in all manner of alternative dispute resolution options, and has acted in all New South Wales Courts and Tribunals, the Queensland Supreme Court, New South Wales Court of Appeal and the High Court of Australia.
Relevant experience includes:
- Acting on behalf of a medium sized property management company in respect of a complex commercial lease dispute in the New South Wales Supreme Court.
- Acting on behalf of a national aged care proprietor in the investigation and coronial hearing process, and related Health Care Complaints Commission and Professional Standards inquiries following the death of a resident.
- Conducting investigations and Supreme Court Proceedings on behalf of a medium sized enterprise in respect of a significant fraud by a Chief Financial Officer.
- Representing a medical products company in a contractual and misleading and deceptive conduct dispute in the New South Wales Supreme Court.
- Acted in Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and High Court proceedings concerning claims for compensation for Psychiatric Injury.