Annabel is a Partner in the corporate team in Adelaide. She specialises in corporations and securities law, with a principal focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, capital raisings and corporate advisory work.
Annabel has extensive experience in managing corporate transactions for a wide range of local and international clients in diverse industries, from listed companies, private equity funds and government owned corporations, to SMEs and not for profits. Her experience working with clients in the financial services, health, tourism and transport sectors has given her a particularly strong understanding of these industries.
She has advised on acquisitions, divestments, IPOs, placements, rights issues, partnerships, joint ventures and restructures. She also provides general corporate and commercial advice in relation to issues ranging from compliance with the Corporations Act, the ASX Listing Rules and the Foreign Acquisitions and Takeovers Act (FIRB), as well as undertaking due diligence and advising on the drafting and negotiation of a wide variety of contracts.
Annabel enjoys learning about the different businesses and industries of her clients, understanding the commercial drivers behind a transaction and exceeding clients’ expectations in her delivery of the desired outcome.
Annabel has been recognised by her peers as ‘Lawyer of the Year’ (2023) by Best Lawyers in Australia in the area of Corporate Law. She has also been recognised by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2021-2023) in the areas of Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Law. She has also been recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a recommended lawyer in Corporate Law (2019 & 2022) and Commercial Law (2022) in South Australia.
Annabel West’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for the Weeks Group on its sale of Steel Business Systems Australia Pty Ltd and Weeks Peacock Quality Homes Pty Ltd (which own the Supaloc and Weeks Peacock Quality Homes building businesses) to the McDonald Jones Homes and Asahi Kasei Homes Groups.
- Acting for ASX-listed Ellex Medical Lasers Limited (now Nova Eye Medical Limited) on the sale of its Ellex Lasers & Ultrasound business to Lumibird Group SA for AUD$100 million, including managing the complex pre-sale restructure of the international Ellex Group.
- Advising Bridgestone Australia Limited on its acquisition of 100% of the shares in national mobile mechanic services company Lube Mobile Pty Ltd.
- Advising H&L Australia on its acquisition by Valsoft Corporation, a Canadian acquirer of vertical market software specialists.
- Acting for the sellers of agricultural supplies business, North West Ag Services and agricultural consulting business, Agrivision Consultants to Delta Agribusiness, which included the transfer of substantial land holdings in Victoria.
- Advising a consortium of doctors and investors in relation to the establishment of a medical investment vehicle structure and subsequent purchase of the Adelaide Eye & Laser Centre.