Adam has been a property lawyer since 2001 and has practised in New Zealand and England before settling in Victoria in 2007.
Adam has a broad property sector experience having acted for a range of landlord, tenant and developer clients including Asciano, Toll, National Foods, Lion Nathan, Mediterranean Shipping Company, Vodafone, MAB, Hamton, Valad, Little Projects, Westpac, NAB and Bank of Melbourne.
He is experienced in commercial and residential developments including shopping centres, mixed use developments, and multi-storey off the plan apartments. He also has significant industrial, commercial and retail leasing experience, acting for both tenants and landlords and advises in relation to lease disputes including rent reviews and make good obligations.
In addition, Adam advises on numerous acquisitions and disposals including due diligence and related issues, eg environmental issues, FIRB approvals, rental guarantees etc. He also acts in relation to complex sale and lease back arrangements.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for tenants in relation to agreements for lease (including development obligations) for long term leases of distribution centres – eg Linfox’s $60 million chilled and ambient warehouse for National Foods as part of $2 billion logistics arrangement between the parties.
- Acting for private developers in relation to joint venture agreements for development of land owned by not for profit organisations – eg Little Projects’ various joint ventures with Victorian Freemasons for mixed use developments.
- Acting in relation to property elements of M&A transactions eg the $900 million sale of Sigma’s pharmaceutical division to Aspen and the disposal of Toll’s Queensland rail network premises to ATN.
- Acting for the Toll Group in relation to their substantial owned and leased property portfolio including sales and dispositions, developments, leases and lease disputes, sale and leaseback arrangements, environmental and planning advice.
- Acting for Mediterranean Shipping Company in relation to the acquisition of a container park site.
- Negotiating leases and licences with VicTrack and Port of Melbourne Corporation.
- Negotiating complex agreements for lease and leases of airport land.