Media, Broadcasting & Entertainment
Thomson Geer provides legal advice on all media, broadcasting, and entertainment matters.
We advise and assist our clients on all matters including copyright and licensing, privacy and confidentiality, dispute resolution, mergers and acquisitions, defamation, and complaints management.
Our clients include music industry participants, radio broadcasters, internet service providers (ISPs), and television broadcasters.
Our media, broadcasting, and entertainment services include:
- Compliance with the Broadcasting Services Act
- Copyright-related matters
- Content-related matters including development, acquisition, and licensing
- Court proceedings
- Dispute resolution
- Drafting and negotiating recording, publishing, production, and management agreements
- Intellectual property
- Joint ventures
- Liaising and negotiating with rights holders, and industry and regulatory bodies such as ACMA, APRA, and ARIA/PPCA
- Licensing of media
- Media reporting restrictions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Online media and rights negotiations clearances and implementation
- Privacy and confidentiality matters
- Responses to complaints
- Ticketing, venue management, and event promotion arrangements