Health, Aged Care & Retirement Villages
Thomson Geer provides a full range of legal solutions to clients in the health, aged care, and retirement village industries. Our firm has been named by Best Lawyers as Australian “Law Firm of the Year” for both 2019 and 2021 in the area of Retirement Villages & Senior Living Law, with two of our partners receiving recognition as “Lawyers of the Year”: Lucinda Smith in NSW in 2019, and Julie McStay in QLD in 2021.
We provide complete legal services including risk management, intellectual property, employment, property development, mergers and acquisitions, construction law, confidentiality arrangements, licensing agreements, contract development, and hospital and aged care facility compliance.
Our clients include health services providers (hospitals and primary care), aged care providers, retirement village developers and operators, health insurance companies, and pharmaceutical providers.
Our services to our health, aged care, and retirement clients include:
- All property-related dealings
- Commercial advice including MOUs, confidentiality arrangements, employment, licensing, manufacturing, and consultancies
- Drafting of contracts, advice, and documentation
- Health care ethics, clinical trials, and research projects
- Insights into government expectations and regulations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Operational compliance issues affecting hospitals and aged care facilities
- Risk management and legal compliance