Gaming & Leisure
Our specialised team is a market leading, full service, group dedicated to the gaming, leisure and hospitality industry and servicing blue chip clients across Australia and the broader Asia-Pacific region.
Lead by highly regarded experts, we act in many of the region’s largest and most notable transactions and projects, spanning all sectors of the industry
Our clients include clubs and other venue operators (e.g, hotels and casinos), wagering and lotteries operators, online/mobile gaming operators, sporting bodies and industry associations.
As an industry based group, we have a full spectrum approach to our clients informed by a holistic understanding of the hospitality sector, reflected by the breadth of services we offer which include:
- Strategic and regulatory advice
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Amalgamations and de-amalgamations
- Corporate and governance advice
- Joint ventures and alliances
- Registered club, gaming and liquor applications
- Commercial transactions
- Liquor and gaming prosecutions and disciplinary complaints
- Financing arrangements
- Restructuring transactions
- Property development projects
- General property transactions
- Town planning and environmental advice
- Commercial dispute resolution
Being part of a large national law firm, our team is seamlessly supported, as needed, by leading specialists throughout Thomson Geer.
Our Gaming & Leisure team has been recognised with the following awards:
- Brett Boon has been recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific (2016 – 2021) as a leading lawyer in the Gaming & Gambling industry
- Brett Boon has been recognised by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in Australia (2019- 2021) in the area of Gaming Law.
- Corporate INTL Global Awards: Client Choice winner: Gaming Law – Law Firm of the Year in Australia 2014
- Global Law Experts: Gaming Law – Law Firm of the Year in Australia 2014