Funds Management & Financial Services
Thomson Geer advises fund managers and financial service providers across a range of industries.
We advise and assist on matters including custody and administration, trust deeds, licensing, corporate governance and compliance, mergers and takeovers of funds and businesses, and asset and investment management.
Our international and domestic clients include fund managers, investment managers, brokers, independent trustees, financial planners, research houses, corporate advisors, and financial service providers.
Our services to fund managers and financial service providers include:
- Applying for, or varying, an Australian financial services (AFS) licence
- Compliance arrangements including breach reporting, continuous disclosure, and ASX-listing rule compliance
- Dealing with regulatory investigations
- Defending or launching takeover bids
- Establishment of a financial services business
- Finance or refinance debt facilities
- Formation, structuring, and registration of funds
- Governance matters including conflict issues, directors’ duties, and trustee duties
- Insolvency and deregistration issues
- Litigation support including debt recovery
- Preparing and reviewing disclosure documents
- Product structuring, including tax implications
- Requirements for listing on the ASX, or quotation on ASX’s market for structured products and managed funds (AQUA)
- Restructuring issues such as trust mergers and changes in responsible entity