Energy & Resources
Thomson Geer provides advice on the acquisition, disposal, development and operation of major mining and energy projects.
We advise and assist on matters including joint ventures, key supply contracts, insurance, litigation, company acquisitions, maintenance of tenements and tenures, environmental audits, native title matters, tax, and competition law.
Our clients include domestic and international mining houses, energy suppliers, and major construction and development contractors.
Our services to the energy and resources industries include:
- Commodity sale agreements
- Construction, engineering, and technical services contracts
- Contract mining arrangements
- Environmental law
- Farm in agreements
- Gas transport, access, and sales agreements
- Government relations and regulatory advice
- Joint ventures
- Labour hire and employment
- Land access arrangements for exploration and development
- Licensing and production contracts
- Marketing, sale, and transportation of petroleum
- National electricity market issues
- Native title matters
- Off-take agreements
- Renewable energy projects
- Rig and service contracts
- Tenement and tenure acquisition and maintenance