Our multi-disciplinary team really understands the world of education.
Our specialist lawyers have been working in education for decades. Our clients are early learning centres, schools (public and private), universities and other post-secondary education providers – in other words, we work across the complete education lifecycle.
Our work includes advising and representing our education sector clients on:
- employment: teaching and non-teaching staff contracts, performance and conduct issues, inquiries and disciplinary matters, terminations and claims;
- industrial relations: interpreting awards, drafting and negotiating enterprise agreements, and dealing with disputes;
- child protection, from both employment and compliance perspectives;
- relationships with students, including enrolment contracts, admission issues including potential discrimination, behavioural and disciplinary issues and student complaints;
- safety, including management systems for school excursions and events;
- privacy, including dealing with student and parent information;
- licensing and intellectual property, including drafting agreements and responding to new technologies inside and outside the teaching environment;
- research and academic integrity issues;
- property development, acquisition and management, including student accommodation;
- board and governance issues, including in relation to funding and relationships with stakeholders including churches and governments.