Thomson Geer provides specialised legal advice to Australia’s agribusiness and agriculture sector.
We advise and assist on all agribusiness matters including supply chain management, deregulation and regulatory advice, farm leases and share-farming arrangements, infrastructure development, demand forecasting, water rights and environmental planning, franchising and fundraising, quarantine, and export issues.
Our clients include local and international grain traders, aggregators and marketers, wineries, owner consortiums, growers, cotton processors and marketers, irrigators, food producers and suppliers, and other professional service providers to the industry including accountants and agronomists.
We also act for clients in agricultural technology as they develop technologies and plant varieties; protect, commercialise and enforce their intellectual property, whether it is a new trait, crop protection product or software; and as they enter into joint ventures, alliance or licensing deals.
Our services include:
- Asset protection, debt structuring, and insolvency
- Business structuring
- Contracts and contractor agreements
- Dispute resolution
- Export, supply, and distribution
- Gene technology regulation
- Intellectual property
- Licensing, alliances, joint ventures
- Managed investment schemes
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Stamp duty
- Start ups
- Succession planning
- Water rights and environmental planning
- Workplace relations and employment