Restructuring & Insolvency
Thomson Geer provides advice on all restructuring and insolvency matters.
We advise and assist on matters including corporate reconstructions, securities enforcement, voluntary administration, leasing, receivership, fraud investigation, bankruptcy, and liquidation.
Thomson Geer has affiliations with specialist insolvency and accounting firms domestically, and relationships with international insolvency lawyers and workout specialists.
Our international and domestic clients include banks and subsidiaries, other financial institutions, and insolvency practitioners acting on behalf of both secured creditors and the general body of creditors.
Our restructuring and insolvency services include:
- Corporate reconstruction and workouts
- Cross-border insolvency work
- Insolvency litigation and dispute resolution
- Major fraud and associated recovery actions
- Insolvency risk management and minimisation
- Bankruptcy and liquidation, including acting for the trustee or liquidator in the areas of asset recovery
- Schemes of arrangement
- Securities enforcement
- Tax asset protection and superannuation advice